Friday, May 24, 2013

Getting Healthy

So true!!!!

Let's fill our bodies full of nothing but junk and then when it makes us sick we can use a ton of pills to fix it and put more weird things in our bodies. I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER since we started eating healthier! I cooked some chicken in balsamic vinaigrette the other day and it was so much more oil than the hubby and I were used to that it actually made us feel sick afterwards. We used to eat stuff like that (and MUCH worse) before and we didn't even know how bad we were feeling just from the food we were putting in our bodies. You don't know how much better you can feel till you make the change. Don't get me wrong, I still hit the drive thru every once in a while. My oldest is addicted to "chicken fries" which is her way of asking for a McDonald's happy meal. But like everything else in life, it is about moderation and making smart choices. For example, getting a Big Mac, definitely not a great choice but okay if it is only like once a month. Getting triple stack whopper with everything, never okay. That's like your entire day's worth of calories in one sandwich. I wish someone would finally open up a healthy drive thru! I truly think people would go. A place with healthy, allergen friendly foods! Where you can take your child with the peanut or milk allergy and know they aren't going to have a reaction to something they eat. Where you can actually get gluten free food! If I had the money I would do that in an instant. I need to make a millionaire friend so they can back me :) How has someone like Jillian Michaels or Doctor Oz not already pitched this idea? We all know people are suckers for convenience, we are all too busy during the day. This could possibly aid in curing America of obesity. So sad that no one with the ability to make it happen is taking the initiative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment