Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strawberry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies



Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free

I'm addicted to making different varieties of oatmeal cookies, or breakfast cookies as my family has called them. I can double the recipe and make a large batch for mornings on the go (which with a 4 month old are crazy to begin with!) and eat them through the week. Plan on making my protein high ones (that include peanut butter or protein powder) the day before my 5K and the day before my husband's Tough Mudder so we have them for breakfast the morning of our races. I also plan to try a sweet potato version and a pumpkin version soon.

1 cup gluten free quick oats
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup of dairy free and gluten free chocolate chips (I use Wegman's brand, but chocolate dream works too)
4 large strawberries

Mash bananas well and mix with applesauce and quick oats. Let sit for 10 minutes. Cut the strawberries into small chunks and fold strawberries and chocolate chips into your oatmeal batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.After cooled store in air tight container.

Makes about 8 cookies at 114 calories a cookie.
(79 calories a cookie if you don't add the chocolate chips!)

No comments:

Post a Comment