Monday, May 14, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Had another appointment with the RE this morning. (For you non infertile folks, that's a reproductive endocrinologist, and they help us make babies) I dread having to make the trip now. If I don't make an early appointment (before 10am) then by the time my appointment comes around he is already running an hour or more behind schedule and I'm waiting FOREVER. We also have an extra obstacle this time around because we have to get Lily to her Nana before we drive over an hour to get to the doctor. So a 9am appointment involves getting up at 5:30am, getting dressed, getting Lily up, dressed and fed, driving 30 minutes north to take Lily to her Nana, then driving the hour and a half south to the doctor. It is absolutely exhausting. Then afterwards we (or I if I'm solo that day) have to drive all the way back and get Lily to take her home. (Usually about 2 hours)

So all this explanation leads up to why I'm so upset. I've been on the shots for 10 days now and my ultrasound this morning showed tons of really small follicles, but nothing dominant. So I've turned myself into a pincushion this whole time and have nothing to show for it except an empty bank account. It is so frustrating. I just keeping telling myself it will be worth it in the end. He has me upping my dose and coming back in on Saturday for another ultrasound. Saturday morning also happens to be when Lily has dance class, so I still have to figure out how to work that. But Saturday also means no receptionists, which means no co pay when I go in, which means $180 I don't have to come up with immediately! I'm going to grasp onto that silver lining and tell myself that Saturday should be a good day. After another 5 days of injections I should have something to show for it, and I don't have to worry about paying when I go in. Yes....it should be a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment