Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trouble losing the weight

I have been having such a hard time recently trying to stick to a diet and exercise plan. I gained SO much weight near the end of my pregnancy being stuck on bedrest so long. My DH and I started exercising and counting our calories and for a while there I was doing really good. I started at 242 pounds and I am now down to 229 pounds, which is actually only 8 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. But now I have hit this wall I can't seem to break through. I'm having a hard time finding the time to exercise with Lily not sleeping like she used to, she used to go to bed around 7-8pm for the night and now she is waking up again around 9pm and I would do my Zumba after she went to bed. And I've completely fallen off of my diet. I literally feel like I can't find good food, as weird as that sounds. I buy things that aren't horrible (granted I also have the bad stuff because I'm a couponer and I always have a stock of all kinds of things in the house). It just seems everytime I go to find something to eat I just keep finding all the things I shouldn't have. I'm hoping now that the farmers market down the road is finally open I can get more good foods into the house. I'm also hoping by posting all my issues and admitting that I'm falling off the wagon will push me to work harder.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I completely chickened out of girls night. :( I remembered last time all the girls having their make up done and looking all cute and dressing up, so when I went to get ready I was upset with myself I didn't want to go. Half of my clothes from before the baby I can't even get into and the rest look horrible on me now. I knew I had nothing to wear and wouldn't look as good so I just didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start slow with the diet.
    First, stop buying the bad foods just b/c you have a coupon for it :P lol Give the coupons to friends and family to use :D
    If the bad stuff isn't in the house, then it'll be easier to resist eating them!
    I'd maybe try eating low carb for a while if you can. Or just go for eliminated added sugar/high fructose corn syrup.
    Just start off with one thing for now and keep changing things a little bit at a time.
    You've already lost weight by being strict with your calories, so I know you'll be able to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete